Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Work

The good part of my job crops it’s head up every now and then.  Like today, someone placed an order and asked if the materials we offer mention anything about why people are born with Down Syndrome, or Bi-Polar.  We explored reasons, is it Karma? Does something just go wrong in the physical body? She mentioned that she works with these types of people, and while they are not all together there, you can sense their soul.  We talked about how loving they are.  I mentioned that maybe they volunteer to come here that way this time because it gives the people around them the opportunity to advance spiritually.  Mentally challenged people can take a lot of patience and unconditional love.  Maybe they give us the gift of gaining and adding something to our spirits in our interactions with them.  Maybe they are the heroes of this play.  The lady I talked to was very nice, and just said that she has always wondered.  I relate, because there are so many things I have always wondered since I was a little girl. Deep and brooding things, spiritual and eternal things.  When I first came to work here in 1997 it was like a smorgasbord of answers, I was fucking fascinated and felt like the luckiest girl in the world that my ‘job’ entailed researching the mysteries of life, and helping others do their research too.  Others who are just like me with their questions and their wondering.  Maybe I should be looking more at what is right, rather than wrong, trying to see more of the good, rather than the bad, seeing what is good in these people instead of just what drives me crazy about them on a regular basis.  I guess today I realize this has not all been in vain. I really was meant to be here.  It was kind of like a present, and it almost makes me cry to think how much God likes me to satisfy my curiosity and takes measures to help me find the answers, the clues.  It wasn’t all worthless or a mistake.

~Jenny

4 comments:

Christopher Dos Santos said...

Namaste, my sister Jenny. Does Bad exist Jenny?
Are we Body?

Most people in the world have pondered the reason for " bad " or evil in the world.

God chose to exist; to fulfil this desire God became the universe. In order to exist there must, by logical reason, be contrast. Nothingness has no reference for " isness " if contrast is not present. God chose this experience of " being " to represent itself by a fundamental law of duality. It was Gods desire to transition from forgetfullness of I AM, to knowingness of I AM and back. This natural ebb and flow of cosmic reality is known to the Vedic traditions as " The Breath of Brahma. "

To discover self from ego there must be choice. Choice allows for an evolution of spirit. It is from this foundation of dualistic truth that energy dances. Up cannot be determined without the contrast of down, there is no light without the contrast of dark. We cannot perceive love without the ability to choose fear. Bad cannot truly be understood without a possibility for good.

We may determine all manifest reality to be reflections of God. There is no bad, nor good, only choice. All is GOD, good and bad are assertions of ego. We are under the illusion the body is the self. The body is merely a vehicle of experience, we are consciousness, we exist eternally in the now.

God chooses to experience all, without everything there is nothing. We cannot separate ourselves from our brothers. WE ARE ONE ETERNAL CONSCIOUSNESS. The experience of Downs Syndrome is not bad or good it just " is ". We are not only here to enjoy riches, we are here to learn the unconditional love of GodSelf being. Think of how in your personal life the greatest tribulations have altered your sense of self for the better. The adage is " whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. " Nothing can kill you, you are God, so an experience of Downs Syndrome will make you stronger in spirit, closer to truth and love.

I feel I may have let you down Jenny, my explanation could have been much better. Been a long day and my mind is stumbling.

In Lak' esh, my dearest sister, we are love...we just don't know it yet...

Notes From Pippi said...

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to help me better understand. I especially am taken by this part of your comment,

"We may determine all manifest reality to be reflections of God. There is no bad, nor good, only choice. All is GOD, good and bad are assertions of ego. We are under the illusion the body is the self. The body is merely a vehicle of experience, we are consciousness, we exist eternally in the now."

Very enlightening. So hard to remember and grasp the truths sometimes. You are a great teacher.

= ) Jenny

reinaswan said...

That is a great outlook on things.

Notes From Pippi said...

thanks for stopping by Reina = )