Thursday, January 31, 2013

In my 20's I went to this aa meeting where there was this old guy speaking who told us a story about a man who died and went to heaven. He was waiting in line to get in the gates. When his turn came, he said he didn’t know if he was going to get in because he had been an alcoholic. St. Peter told him that he had already been to hell. I still think of that guy and what he said to this day...

In another meeting there was this girl who said that it was no wonder she was an alcoholic, because when she was little all she wanted to do was read books and eat candy all the time.
I still wonder what’s wrong with wanting to read books and eat candy all the time....

2 comments:

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello dear:

I don't think God, or All That IS or He or She or the Source really care if you have been boozing or eating candy. These are judgement of Man and the ego, not of the Creator.

I remember someone once said to me that we cannot really judge the status or evolvement of others. That an alcoholic dieing in the gutter might be the most spiritual person on the planet. He just came here to play that part this time.

Something to ponder, dear.

Hope you are well.

Kind & Warm regards,
Mike

Jennifer said...

Thanks for stopping by Mike. The meaning is implied. Only an alcoholic would understand what I am saying when I say it's like going through hell on earth. And the last part, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to read books and eat candy all the time, or anything else enjoyable, that does no harm. I don't think that has anything to do with alcoholism. Some people can't drink like normal people. I know, I tried for a long time. I enjoy my life much better leaving it alone. To each his own.
~Jenny