Sunday, October 27, 2013

Frankie & Johnny



I really relate to Frankie in this movie. She said everything I ever wanted to say
about these things,,,,,but couldn't.

I still have a scar on my arm. A small faint one from when I was a teenager, in love with
a crazy abusive man. You think it would go away. But maybe it stays there to remind me.
I had a dream last night that I showed it to someone.
It was made with a knife a friend gave me to protect myself for the next time I got beat.
Instead, the abusive man took it from, and used it against me. Thus the scar.
It was a beautiful knife. Silver, with a silver sheath embossed with deer.

I see now, looking back on my past, all the times, the few, that I was alone.
I really wanted to be, equally wanting to be with someone too.
Like Frankie.

Frankie also asked Johnny why everyone always assumes that when a woman is messed up,
that they think it was from something that happened to her when she was a girl.
She said that you can get damaged as a woman too.

~Jenny

No comments: