Sunday, December 10, 2017

Far Far Away from Here

(Image from a card my mom--Laura Miller--Poet, Writer, Artist made for me)
 
Written 2/24/16
 
"Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly far...far far away from here." -Jenny--from Forest Gump
 
 
Some days we just have to call it a wash. This is one of those days. You stop and ask yourself--what do I need to do to take care of myself today?  I only have to make it through these 8 hours. There is coffee, there is a warm shawl I can wrap myself in, there is acceptance that I cannot do my best today. I got out of bed, got dressed, I showed up. Some days that has to be enough.
 
 
I think of things to cope, like envisioning a beautiful forest scene only I can see beyond the wall I face every day. I can see into this place anytime I want. And moments, the ones that become part of your soul. What are your moments? Here is mine today:
 
 
I am a young girl, much stronger, magical, and hopeful than I am today. I am with my family in Mammoth Mountain on summer vacation.  We hike up to a plateau surrounded by tall mountains that are covered in an endless sea of dark evergreen tree friends standing at attention, watching. There are clouds in the sky with the sun poking through. I venture a little ways by myself, and stand on the plateau, those I love more than anything not so far away. The wind picks up and begins to blow through my little girl soul, through my hair, through the millions of trees on the steep mountain slopes, and there is the gentle rore of the wind blowing though trees sound, when all else is silent. It is strong, powerful, it is peaceful. It is one of my moments. I will go there, and that is where I will live today.
 
~Jenny Miller

No comments: