Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dreams

Many years ago
as my eyes lay closed
I was at my grandfather’s funeral
I do not recall if his death
had already occurred or not.

I entered the room
of a very fancy restaurant
at the entrance
there was a maitre d'
the room dimly lit           
the maitre d' booth
with shining desk lamp
flower wall paper

I was late

I told him I wanted to enter
I think it was for my grandfathers
funeral
but it is all unclear

He looked at me
one brow raised
with an “are you kidding me?”
kind of look on his face

I just stood there
kind of pleading
without saying words

He said alright
but you just BARELY
made it

and he wrote in light
something I do not know
on the palm of my hand
and forehead

I then entered a big hall
like out of a Greek painting
with a beautiful mural
of pillars, plants and the sea
in front of the mural
was laid a table
with a feast
fruits, breads

~Jenny
~~~~~~~~~~
The maître d’hôtel (often shortened to maître d’) in the original French is literally the "master of the hotel". In a suitably-staffed restaurant or hotel, it is the person in charge of assigning customers to tables and dividing the dining area into areas of responsibility for the various servers on duty. The plural form is 'maîtres d'hôtel' or 'maîtres d' if shortened. The maître d'hôtel may also be the person who receives and records reservations for dining, as well as dealing with any customer complaints. It is also their duty to make sure that all the servers and waitstaff are completing their tasks in an efficient manner. (From Wikipedia)

No comments: