Monday, December 3, 2012

you would think that after you get one beast tamed,
it is over,
you would think that after you stop taking a poison
to your lips, or change the way you live your life,
it is over and all is well.

It seems that that is when the REAL work begins.
It’s not all on the outside, not all in stopping
harmful actions. It’s so inner, it’s thoughts,
ideas, beliefs, the way you view life in general.

My next grand task, and undertaking, is to change my
thoughts, to a more positive and loving state.

Jesus was so right, when he said, it is not what we
put in the body, but what comes out of it.
I want to live from my heart. This is a universal
struggle. To quiet the mind. To stop it’s twisting
and bending from sunrise to sunset. The heart...
does not think out loud. In fact, the heart does not think,
it just is, it loves, it feels, the mind is where we kid
ourselves, the mind is where lies come from,
the heart is truth.

So my new mantra for now is the prayer of
Saint Francis, the song keeps going around
and around in my mind. Perhaps my higher
self trying to remind me, to try, to try
to truly come from a place of being all
that it says.

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.


O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

No comments: