Friday, July 2, 2010

Stuck In The Middle With You

I don’t know what’s worse
sitting here between two world’s
heaven and hell
one and the other
not really making a choice
all the way
I refuse to
I refuse to swing
too far
to one side
or the other
but if I stay here
will I fall
into the deep chasm
that is beneath me
the chasm that says
I have to make a choice
it is lying
lying, lying, lying
as it breaths, hisses and screams
at the bottom
but just like the actor
hanging onto the ledge of the building
on the movie
set
after they stop rolling film
their feet plant firmly
on the ground
it wasn’t really that far down
at all
but sometimes
just sometimes
it takes more energy
to stay in the middle
than to go to extremes

~Jenny

1 comment:

Laura said...

Clowns to the led of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you. One of my all timefavorite songs. This is another great poem!!!