Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I May Not Be Crazy Afterall

A little about what goes on in sobriety.
The following are symptoms (from Wikipedia) are part of Post Acute Withdraw aka Protracted Withdraw.
I have had a few episodes lately where I felt that I could not function properly,
my mind would simply not cooperate with me. These come and go. I feel pretty
good today~and have for the first time in a while starting having a desire to
connect with the people I care about again.  I feel I can think a little more
clearly, and look at things from others points of view too.

Something someone said recently really sticks with me today. There are no
feelings or thoughts that are right or wrong, you can't always rely on what
you are thinking or feeling at the moment.

I think in some respects, my withdraw, causes me to withdraw.
Animals lick their wounds when they are injured. This is only perfectly
natural during a regeneration process. But it helps to come out
of the den every once in a while to let my comrades know
how I am doing. And to find out how THEY are doing as well.

Symptoms occur intermittently, but are not always present. They are made worse by stress or other triggers and may arise at unexpected times and for no apparent reason. They may last for a short while or longer. Any of the following may trigger a temporary return or worsening of the symptoms of post acute withdrawal syndrome:[citation needed]
  • Stressful and/or frustrating situations
  • Multitasking
  • Feelings of anxiety, fearfulness or anger
  • Social Conflicts
  • Unrealistic expectations of oneself
  • Too much on your to-do list
Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Jennifer:

Trigger your heart and override all these symtoms and worryings that are creations of man with nothing to do with reality.

Take care dear,
ps: Happy Thanksgiving