Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Will Not Comply



Ah, Seven of Nine. She's tough, she's a bad ass, she's smart, she's pretty...and she has on many occasions disobeyed direct orders from the captain.  She was captured and assimilated by the Borg as a child.  She was rescued by Captain Janeway who along with many friends aboard Voyager have tried to teach her about being an individual after being separated from the collective of the Borg. She has trouble with social situations, but she manages, and does not seem to care what others think.  She says things such as "I will not comply",or  "I will adapt" when faced with a difficult new situation, and is very technical, yet struggles with her new emotions from becoming human after being a drone most of her life.  She does not dwell on guilt but uses those human conditions for reference for future situations.  Many times in my life I think of this character to learn how to relate to the world in my current state.  Today I find myself having to repeat "I will not comply" several times. 

~Jenny

No comments: