Tuesday, September 6, 2011

3 Beautiful Words

This morning it became apparent to me that:

I don't know

I don't know anything really.
I don't know if God is real.
If I have been chasing  a dream.
Seeing this life in the right or wrong way.
What is really real, and what is not.

all I do know at this point is that

I don't know

and that feels kind of good to say
without worry about lightening
or the hand of the all-mighty God
striking me down
because if he really is real
I'm sure he won't mind

and sometimes doubt
and disbelief
and belief in nothing
are sacred unto themselves. 

~Jenny

1 comment:

christopherdossantos3@gmail.com said...

Namaste dear sister, I know how you feel. The more we learn the more we realise how much we don't know.

I think it is much more valuable to be in the position of inquiry. Now that your journey has begun in earnest, it will never end.

Pity is for the woman who feels she does not need to ask. Worse yet, is the knowledge lost when we believe the words of others are truth. Our raison d'etre is to seek truth from within.

In Lak' ech, sister, down the rabbit hole we go...