Monday, October 18, 2010

WWPD (what would Pippi do)

If you want ta know what I’d do, I’ll tell you what I’d do,I would go on playing in my big yellow house
and pretending all sorts of things,
putting on grown up make-up,
telling my friends I’ve flown to the moon and won’t be back,
bake some creme cakes and throw them at thieves,
throw myself a birthday party and take an extra cromulus pill
so that I never ever have to grow up and worry about silly things,
like DNA tests and taxes and such.
I would run away from home for a while on old man
and have picnics with Tommy and Annika,
and feed the mayor dandelions,                       
and learn new cuss words that I could whisper in people’s ears.
That’s what I would do.
Go on being my happy Pippi self and not worrying about the future,
or caring what anyone else thinks.
It’s all the same to me.

~Jenny

No comments: